Mohave Electric Cooperative offers an LED conversion rebate to member businesses.
How it works:
- A business converts as much or as little of its high-energy lighting source to energy-efficient bulbs, such as LED.
- Business receives a rebate of 10 cents per avoided watt.
- The maximum rebate is $5,000 or a maximum 100% of the install cost, whichever is the lesser of the two.
- It all starts by filling out an application.
Why the offer?
- Lighting is among the leading power consumers.
- By reducing the load on a building, demand on the system is decreased.
- Every member in the MEC service area.
- The business benefits by reducing their energy demand.
- Every step at load reduction by business means a reduced demand for the utility. This helps improve reliability and pricing.
- Less demand means MEC can better control pricing for everyone.