Mohave Electric Cooperative supporting higher education and our students
Mohave Electric Cooperative (MEC) recognizes the importance of higher education, and offers an annual scholarship program to help our members achieve their academic goals.
Applications for financial assistance are available for students within the MEC service area attending college in 2023 fall semester or quarter.
Students attending college are eligible to apply for assistance up to $5,000.
All applications must be received by 5 p.m. on April 28, 2023.
A panel of judges will make final selections and scholarship checks will be sent on the awardee’s behalf to the designated college or university.
- The student must be a member of the Cooperative or be a legal dependent of a member of the Cooperative for at least the past two years at the date of the application.
- The student must be enrolled at a college or university.
- The student must present a current schedule of fees from the current semester or quarter of classes they are taking to receive the scholarship.
- The student shall be obligated to fill out their scholarship form to the best of their ability.
- Submission of a short essay requiring research for recommendations on how an MEC program may be expanded.
If you have questions about the MEC Scholarship Program, please contact Public Affairs by email.
Applications will open on March 1, 2023.