Last Modified: July 1, 2022.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.mohaveelectric.com/ and all subdomains thereof (collectively, our “Website”) or use or access our mobile applications (including SmartHub) (collectively, our “App”) as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website or App;
- Through our App, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our services; and/or
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
This Policy does not address the privacy practices of any third parties that we do not own, control, or are affiliated with.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and will not knowingly collect the Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. Our Website and App are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No person under the age of 13 may provide any information to or on our Website or App. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or otherwise provide any information on our Website or App. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, electric service characteristics, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- Related to the location of our App users, including real-time information about the location of an App user’s mobile device;
- Necessary to facilitate third-party online payment processing, such as credit card and banking information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website or App (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies); and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website and App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App (which includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any of our services or information obtained when we ask you for information when you report problems with our Website or App);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App, if any; and/or
- Your search queries on our Website or App.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of our Website or App, or transmitted to other users of our Website, our App, or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website or our App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website or App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website;
- Details on your use of our App; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information and we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and App;
- Speed up your searches;
- Recognize you when you return to our Website and App;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information and location information:
- To present our Website and App and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us;
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, if any, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To be shares with our staff, members, and support services (including third party vendors) as we deem necessary;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website, our App, or any products or services we offer or provide though either of them;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, in no event will we sell, rent, or lease your Personal Information to any third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Website and App users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide us;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. Although we take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, the transmission of your Personal Information across the Internet comes with risk and we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Personal Information.
We have created certain mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Mobile Device Location Tracking. You can disable our App’s ability to track the location of your mobile device through your mobile device’s privacy settings. Note, however, that opting out of our App’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled and may prevent your ability to access or use some or all of the services offered through our App.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third party products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also opt-out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your Personal Information by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website and App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using commercially reasonable means.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Although we take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information, the transmission of your Personal Information across the internet comes with risk and we cannot guarantee the security of your end user device. Our servers are scanned daily for current and emerging threats and we seek to remediate any problems promptly. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or App.
This statement is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
To ask additional questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.