1. You must be a high school junior whose parent(s) or guardian(s) are members of Mohave Electric Cooperative.
2. Fill out this application form and obtain parental consent.
3. Write a creative essay, 300-500 words, on the following topic:
The Bill of Rights establishes the founding freedoms and principles of the United States. Write an essay on which Amendment is most important to you and why.
4. Finalists are selected based on creative essays. Finalists move on to participate in an oral presentation competition beginning at 6 p.m., Dec. 3, 2020. The presentation is based on an assigned energy or cooperative related question. Finalists receive $25.
5. The winners represent the members of Mohave Electric Cooperative and will join other Arizona delegates for a trip to Washington, D.C. The National Rural Youth Tour will be held June 21-25, 2021. The group, including the Youth Tour Coordinator and adult chaperones, will leave from, and return to, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.