ABOUT US

Mohave Electric Cooperative was established in 1946 serving 90 meter locations on five miles of line.  People working together formed the Co-op as member-owners to bring electricity to a rural area that investor owned companies would not serve because they could not make a profit.

Fast forward to today. Mohave Electric is a locally-based, not-for-profit distribution cooperative, providing electricity to more than 39,000 meters with over 1500 miles of line in the communities of Bullhead City, Fort Mohave, Mohave Valley, Wikieup, Hackberry, and Peach Springs.

Providing electricity is a big job, performed by MEC’s Board of Directors and 75 employees working together to bring reliable energy and superior service to our members.

As a not-for-profit membership form of business, our cooperative is not driven by profits, but by our values—Innovation, Accountability, Integrity, and Commitment to Community. Our rates cover the cost of doing business and are not marked up to generate a profit.

Mohave’s Board of Directors, management and staff are committed to making a positive difference in our community. We actively support many worthwhile causes with charitable contributions and by volunteering our time and effort. Mohave Electric also invests in our local economy through community-based programs that benefit our members, such as renewable energy projects on schools and government buildings and the Co-op Connections member benefit program.

The Co-op’s Member Service Office is located at 928 Hancock Road in Bullhead City. For more information call (928) 763-1100.

History of Mohave Electric

Mohave Electric Cooperative

Together We Save