What to do if there is a power outage
- Check fuses and breakers to see if the outage is caused by a source at your location.
- Contact your neighbors to see if the outage is limited or widespread.
- Call MEC at 844.632.2667 or log onto the SmartHub website or SmartHub phone app to report an outage.
- Be ready to give your name, telephone number, and account number.
- Leave one light switch on so you will know when the electricity is on.
- Stay away from downed power lines and call MEC with information about problems with the lines.
- Have emergency supplies on hand (flashlights, water, first aid kits, etc.)
Loss of power in certain areas of your home or business can mean an open breaker or fuse. This is an indication of an overload or defective appliance. When the cause is found you should replace the fuse or reset the breaker. If necessary, seek the help of an electrician. MEC is not responsible for any problems on the member's side of the meter.
To view the MEC Outage Map, click here.