What to Do if There is a Power Outage
- Check fuses and breakers to see if the outage is caused by a source at your location.
- Contact your neighbors to see if the outage is limited or widespread.
- Call Mohave Electric Cooperative (MEC) at (844) 632-2667, log onto the SmartHub website or SmartHub phone app to report an outage, or text “Outage” to 55050 from a phone number linked to your account.
- Be ready to give your account number, name, or address.
- Leave one light switch on so you will know when the electricity is on.
- Unplug or turn off power strips protecting electric appliances.
- Stay away from downed power lines and call MEC with information about problems with the lines.
- Have emergency supplies on hand (flashlights, water, first aid kits, etc.)
Outage Preparedness Tips & Generator Dos and Don’ts (PDF).
Loss of power in certain areas of your home or business can mean an open breaker or fuse. This is an indication of an overload or a defective appliance. When the cause is found, you should replace the fuse or reset the breaker. If the issue still exists, contact Mohave Electric Cooperative at (844) 632-2667 to report the issue. MEC is not responsible for any problems on the member’s side of the meter.