WCS Grants Help Fund Numerous Community Projects (continued)
The committee, made up community volunteers and one representative from each of the Cooperative’s three districts, combed through 28 grant applications before deciding upon eleven proposals that best fit the stipulations of sustainability and service to MEC members. Those groups are:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Colorado River
- Bullhead City Meals on Wheels
- Catholic Charities Community Services
- Colorado River Historical Society
- Community Pride Advocates (Gary Keith Park)
- Kiwanis Club of the Colorado River
- Mohave Amateur Radio Club
- Mohave Valley/Fort Mohave Community Park
- Mohave Valley United Methodist Church
- River Fund, Inc.
- Veterans United, Inc.
All the applicants were notified of their status via email and through a mailed letter. Organizations that received WCS Community Grant checks also received “Terms and Conditions” for their grant award, including the stipulation of providing a comprehensive grant report. As such, organizations must provide detailed information on how the grant funds are used, an assessment of community impact with regard to their project, and copies of paid receipts related to the grant and how the funding is utilized.